Colt continues to take its battle and time proven M1911 pistol and adapt it to meet the changing requirements of its customers with its model O1980RG – The Colt Rail Gun with Blackened Finish. Where quality and workmanship are demanded, Colt once again meets and exceeds the expectations of its customers.
This handgun is outfitted with new and exciting features for the law enforcement community, the shooting enthusiast and the personal defense user. The M1913 Picatinny Rail offers the versatility to attach tactical lights or laser sights to the receiver of the Colt Rail Gun, making it a tactical pistol easily adaptable to any military or law enforcement need. This ability to attach a tactical light also makes the Colt Rail Gun an ideal candidate for a home/personal protection need. The Colt Rail Gun features a Mil Standard Rail, Colt Upswept Beavertail Grip Safety with Palm Swell, Colt Tactical Ambidextrous Safety Lock, Novak® sights, and other standard features of the XSE series. Colt’s quality continues to be derived from its forged steel receiver, forged steel slide, forged stainless steel barrel, and forged steel slide stop.
- Novak® Low Mount Carry Sights with Dots
- Enhanced Hammer
- Extended Ambidextrous Safety Lock
- Colt Upswept Beavertail Grip Safety
- 3-Hole Aluminum Trigger
- Lowered and Flared Ejection Port
- M1913 Picatinny Rail
- National Match® Barrel
- Front and Rear Slide Serrations
- Barrel Length: 5 in.
- Caliber: 45 ACP
- Capacity: 8 Rounds
- Receiver Material: Stainless Steel
- Receiver Finish: Cerakote, Black
- Slide Material: Stainless Steel
- Slide Finish: Cerakote, Black
- Sights: Novak Carry With Dots
- Hammer: Enhanced
- Trigger: 3 Hole Aluminum
- Safety Lock: Extended Ambidextrous
- Grip Safety: Unswept Beavertail
- Stocks: Black/Silver
- Ejection Port: Lowered and Flared
- Action: Single Action
- Firing System: 80
- Overall Length: 8.5 in.
- Approx Weight: 36.5 oz.